EARTHQUAKE Aquila Abruzzo Rome Italy
Follow this link to read our update from today 7th April about the Earthquake Abruzzo.
The are some very moving stories in the comments (see end) of this blog and some detailed information about specific damage to certain villages near Aquila.
Italian Earthquake Abruzzo Official Donations website is the Italian Charity Caritas Italiana. see below.
- 150 reported dead
- 1500 injured
- 10,000 buildings affected
- 50,000 people affected
- Aquilla is the mountainous region 50 miles North East of Rome. Rome not affected
- Epicentre at Tornimparte, Abruzzo.
- International help from Russia / France / Greece has been offered.
- Berlusconi cancels his trip to Russia to visit Aquila.
- Reports that last week an earthquake expert raised the alarm and was ignored.
- Aquila hospital suffered. First Aid been delivered to casualties in the street.
- Aftershock smaller tremours making rescue dangerous.
- No official casualty list yet, nor helplines. Please be patient if you are looking for loved ones. Will publish when available.
- Theres a good map of the locations suffered in the earthquake here thanks to ANSA. Click the small map at the bottom of their page to see in detail.
- Remember its the older towns that really suffered, though there are cases of some modern buildings that have collapsed.
Italian Earthquake Abruzzo Official Donations website is the Italian Charity Caritas Italiana.
If this blog has been useful to you then social bookmark it or link to it to help others find it quicker.